Age-Friendly Sarasota Action Plan
& Progress Report
Action Plan Progress Report
Learn about the progress to date on our community’s age-friendly journey to becoming liveable #ForAllAges by reviewing the Age-Friendly Sarasota Progress Report.
This Progress Report represents progress towards the goals, objectives, and strategies across the eight domains that were identified in the Age-Friendly Sarasota Progress Report This Report includes information from Age-Friendly Sarasota’s launch on May 6, 2015, through December 31, 2017.
From July 17 – August 17, 2018, the Draft Progress Report was available online for public input. Feedback collected was used to strengthen the Progress Report to include accomplishments fulfilling our shared aspirations. The final version of the Progress Report was presented to and approved by the Sarasota County Commission on October 9, 2018.
Provide Your Feedback
A movement thrives on community-wide participation. Get involved in local Age-Friendly efforts by sharing your thoughts, questions or suggestions.
- Share with us any thoughts, questions or suggestions you have about the Action Plan, Progress Report or Age-Friendly Sarasota in general.
- If applicable, tell us how you or your Sarasota County organization/business is meeting (or planning to meet) any of the goals, objectives, or strategies noted in the Action Plan through May 2020 – making our community more age-friendly and livable #ForAllAges.
We greatly appreciate your feedback.
Click the image above to view the Draft Action Plan Progress Report. Provide feedback at the bottom of below on this webpage.
About the June 2017 – May 2020 Action Plan
- The Age-Friendly Sarasota Action Plan identifies age-friendly goals and objectives based on Age-Friendly Sarasota’s Planning Phase from May 2015 – May 2017. All WHO/AARP Global Network of Age-Friendly Cities and Communities develop action plans.
- The Action Plan represents a synthesis of research findings based on the input of nearly 1,200 Sarasota County residents aged 50-plus who participated in either focus groups or survey research in 2015 and expressed their perspectives and preferences regarding important community features.
- The research findings were shared throughout the community with stakeholders across all 8 domains of livability and across the following five sectors: people, businesses, nonprofit organizations, government, and media.
If you have questions regarding the Action Plan, please contact Dr. Kathy Black, Age-Friendly Principal Investigator at Age-Friendly Sarasota Progress Report.
Click the image above to view the Action Plan. We encourage you to provide feedback.