1 CommUNITY, 25 Questions — The County-wide Community Assessment
Editor’s Note: The Florida Department of Health has joined with Age-Friendly Sarasota to conduct an age-friendly county-wide community assessment — 1 CommUNITY, 25 Questions. The reason for the survey is so Sarasota County Government can continue to support efforts to make our region a community for all ages. This post is written by Chuck Henry, administrator of the Sarasota County Health Department.
We need your help!
As Age-Friendly Sarasota moves rapidly toward the end of its fourth year of a five-year process, it’s almost time to start over. This process begins with a community survey, a review of progress made, and the collection of data to update the Age-Friendly Sarasota County Action Plan.
I celebrate the efforts of so many in our community who have worked to make Age-Friendly Sarasota a positive movement, #ForAllAges. Being age-friendly requires commitments from local government and our region. These commitments include completing a community assessment and developing and implementing an action plan based on that assessment. Thanks to Kathy Black, Ph.D., who led efforts to conduct an assessment and develop our action plan and to the strong support from The Patterson Foundation (TPF), these commitments were kept resulting in the completion of an initial assessment in May 2017 and development/implementation of the Age-Friendly Sarasota County Action Plan in June 2017. This work was aligned with the World Health Organization's 8 Domains of Livability and utilized survey data and data on existing community assets.
I am excited to share news about new developments intended to help institutionalize this work so that Age-Friendly Sarasota can continue to support efforts to make Sarasota County truly a community for all ages. With support from Sarasota County Government and TPF, the Senior’s Advisory Council (appointed by the Board of County Commissioners) agreed to serve as the reviewing Council for the Age-Friendly Sarasota County Action Plan, providing advice and input for strategies and monitoring for outcomes.
This is where you can help. The Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County has joined with Age-Friendly Sarasota to conduct a county-wide community assessment to inform our Age-Friendly Sarasota County Action Plan and our Community Health Improvement Plan.
Here's how you can participate:
1. TAKE our Survey
• Click https://www.research.net/r/NXZ5JMK to take the survey in English or https://www.research.net/r/C7NQXYS in Spanish.
• The short survey is just 25 questions and will only take a few minutes to complete.
• Be sure to click "DONE" when complete!
2. SHARE our Survey
• Share electronically with others by directing them to https://www.research.net/r/NXZ5JMK to take the survey in English or https://www.research.net/r/C7NQXYS for Spanish.
• Share electronically with others by using the share buttons at the bottom of this post.
- TAGS: Enabling to Engaging, External Stakeholders, Issues to Aspirations
- CATEGORIES: Age-Friendly Movement, Social Participation, Respect and Social Inclusion, Communication and Information